When considering to acquire personal security and safety devices, remember never to:
- Use your personal alarm as a toy. Remember the boy who cried wolf.
- Ever use your stun gun as a toy or test it on others.
- Purchase from a company that makes hysterical claims about crime today. They may also be trying to take advantage of you in other ways.
- Purchase from any vendor without a return policy.
- Deal with any vendor who has a bad rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Purchase from a company with no valid contact information.
- Purchase a stun gun or Taser from an unauthorized vendor.
- Purchase a stun gun or Taser without checking your state’s and city’s specific restrictions regarding licenses and usage.