These is particularly important for Africans who are used to the ancient ways of living. By this, the reference is to the years when the forests and Reserves were vast and not tampered by the activities of man.
Today, natural disaster and human activities that are not Eco-friendly have deposed animals from their natural habitat. So, now that man has taken over the habitations of animals, it is inevitable to avoid having them share our houses with us, at least when we are careless.
1. Avoid leaving Windows open for too long, cobras and mambas can reach heights that are very high.
2. Avoid leaving your front doors open for fresh air in the evening,this reptiles are absolute STEALTH (too quiet)you won’t hear or see it go inside your house.
3 Before sitting under the tree that has that cooling shade, check that there are no snakes.
4. Check your bed and surrounding before you go to bed, cobras are notorious for hiding under the sheets.
5. Avoid the age old trend of liking to chill outside of the house,with mattresses and wrappers in the evening,most reptiles are nocturnal (hunt at night and more effective)
6. Not only snakes might bite you,but the age old human enemy the centipede (Mosithaphala ) which is fast and very venomous.
7. Clear bushes round your houses. They attract rat’s and mice which are the most dangerous snakes favorite meal including centipedes too.
8. Buy snake repellent powder and pour it round your yard you will definitely decrease the chances of a snake ever visiting your home by 90%.
9. Beware of confronting this snakes that get into your homes,some snakes can be killed easily,other like the black mamba are very cocky,if threatened they will chase you at alarming speeds and give multiple bites while still on the chase,and you won’t live to see the next forty minutes,so just be very careful when trying to kill this guys. Or just call for expert/experienced help to come and capture it.
10. Stay well and be safe,it’s snake season it’s very hot and they are highly active and get agitated (angry ) very fast.